DECS – Dioxin Emission Continuous Sampling – is a fixed system for Dioxins sampling of Stack emissions. DECS is an automatic sampling system, realized for permanent installation on stacks, dedicated to “long term” Dioxins and Furans collection (PCDD/PCDF) and other POP’s.
The sample is taken by means of a heated probe and a particulate filter, also heated, after which it is rapidly cooled and percolated through an adsorbent vial filled with XAD-2 resin.
Sampling takes place completely automatically and respecting the isokinetic conditions.
DECS® allows you to extend the duration of sampling to collect a larger amount of sample to be analyzed, improve the characterization of real emissions, increase toxicological information, have a reliable emission footprint.
The DECS® is composed by 2 units:
• Sampling Unit;
• Control Unit;
Dioxin Emission Continuous Sampler Features
- Sampling of PAH’s with Filter/Condenser Method and adsorbing trap on the wet gas in accordance with Standards EN 1948-1, CEN/TS 1948-5 and US EPA Method 23.
- The Control Unit can manage up to 4 Sampling Units
- Distance between Sampling and Control Units can be up to 100mt
- Fully automated sampling, no operator’s presence required
- Preparation and washing operations are automatic
- Full Remote Control via Internet or Intranet
The DECS can be easily upgraded to comply to other standards using the heated probe without stack box for solid phase and side sampling for gas phase such as for Heavy Metals, Hg and HCl.